While laser removal is completely safe, the skin becomes slightly more vulnerable straight after a treatment. The treated area may be red or swollen, and this can last from 2-3 hours up to 2-3 days. We advise clients to avoid tight clothing to prevent any further irritation, and apply Aloe Vera to reduce any discomfort.
For 24-48 hours after treatment, the following activities should not be carried out:
- Hot showers or baths – tepid water only
- Heat treatments such as saunas, Jacuzzis or steam rooms.
- Strenuous activities which cause excessive perspiration.
- Application of deodorants, perfumes or scented body lotions.
- Swimming in chlorinated water.
If you’re ever unsure of anything, we’re always available for advice, help or to answer any questions you may have.